Juvederm Cosmetic Treatments
What does Juvederm do?Treatment with Restylane, Juvederm, and other dermal fillers can smooth out folds and wrinkles, add volume to the lips, and contour facial features that have lost their fullness due to aging, sun exposure, illness, etc. Facial rejuvenation can be carried out with minimal complications. These dermal fillers are injected into the skin with a very fine needle. The products produce a natural volume under the wrinkle, which is lifted up and smoothed out. The results can often be seen immediately. Treating wrinkles with these dermal fillers is fast and safe and leaves no scars or other traces on the face.Procedure
- This product is administered via a syringe, or injection, into the areas of the face sought to be filled with the hyaluronic acid to eliminate or reduce the wrinkles and folds.
- An anesthesia, numbing medicine used to reduce the discomfort of the injection, may or may not be used.
- The treatment site(s) is washed first with and antiseptic (cleansing) solution.
- Dermal fillers are clear transparent gels that is injected under your skin into the tissue of your face using a thin gauge needle.
- The depth of the injection(s) will depend on the depth of the wrinkle(s) and its location(s)
- Multiple injections might be made depending on the site, depth of the wrinkle, and technique used.
- Following each injection, the injector should gently massage the correction site to conform to the contour of the surrounding tissues.
- If the treated area is swollen directly after the injection, ice may be applied on the site for a short period.
- After the first treatment, additional treatments of dermal fillers may be necessary to achieve the desired level of correction.
- Periodic enhancement injections help sustain the desired level of correction.
Dermal fillers have been shown to be safe and effective when compared to collagen skin implants and related products to fill in wrinkles, lines and folds in the skin on the face. Its effect, once the optimal location and pattern of cosmetic use is established, can last 6 months or longer without the need for re-administration.